Location: Kigali, Rwanda and nationwide field sites
Desired Start Date: 6 March 2017
Reports to: Research Project Manager
Length of Commitment: 10-12 months
The University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business is partnering with London School of Economics (LSE) and Stanford GSB to test an innovative ICT intervention designed to help small-scale entrepreneurs improve their business performance. The “ENTREinfo Tools” enable entrepreneurs to easily record, store and access analytics about their business performance, including information on their sales, costs, profits, customers, products and marketing practices, using simple SMS technology. With better access to and analytics about their business information, entrepreneurs can make better decisions that will enable them to grow and scale up their businesses.
The Research Intervention Manager position offers an opportunity to test, pilot and roll out this novel ICT tool with approximately 900 small-scale Rwandan entrepreneurs. The position is predominantly based in Kigali, Rwanda, but includes fieldwork in Muhanga and Musanze districts as well.
The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers, ICT development partners and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Liaising with IT programmers to test the ENTREinfo tools
- Piloting the ENTREinfo Tools with 20 small-scale entrepreneurs
- Communicating with study participants on project progress and next steps
- Hiring, training, and managing a team of field staff
- Devising performance tracking mechanisms for field staff, and using these to monitor performance
- Managing the logistics of rolling out this novel IT intervention, including managing budgets, timelines and relationships with partners
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in economics, social sciences, public policy, or a related field
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience working in the field and managing teams
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and a team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
How to Apply:
Please email your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover letter to Ms. Alyson Caito (firstname.lastname@example.org) mailto: "following these instructions exactly:
1) In the subject line: Put your full name, last name followed by first name,
2) Please attach ONLY your cover letter and CV,
3) In the email body: Copy exactly the following position line:100744RARwanda, Research Intervention Manager, ENTREinfo Rwanda.
Start date is 6 March 2017, and the expected commitment is 10-12 months.
Salary is based on experience.