World Vision seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Communications Manager. This position will be based at the Head Office in Kigali, and reporting to the National Director.
Purpose of the position:
Provide Strategic leadership and develop an equipped professional team, that creates awareness through gathering and disseminating, accurate and consistent information by responding to WVR audience needs, in line with the WVR vision and mission
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate quality spiritual life that can be commendable to others.
The major responsibilities:
- Develop a communications strategy that positions World Vision Rwanda as leading Christian relief and development agency in Rwanda.
- Oversee the design and production of materials that effectively communicate Vision's mission, values and program activities to local audiences, including the general public, churches, the NGO community and the corporate sector.
- Identify and train Cluster staff who can provide written and visual information on their projects for use in local and international communications activities.
- Design and implement information flow of internal communication system to keep staff informed. (Events, seminars, workshops, trips, births etc)
- Prepare promotion communications resource packages for National Director and other staff when required for overseas visits, and ensure that up-dated World Vision Rwanda brochures are always available.
- Develop and implement a media relations strategy that enables World Visions to be perceived as a dependable development of Rwanda.
- Develop, and maintain professional contacts and personal relationships with key media houses
- Advise the National Director and senior managers on media issues
- Develop a process of producing a steady flow of strategic, written and photographic resources on the national ministry for inclusion in the partnership publications for marketing activities.
- Develop a crisis management plan for managing negative portrayal of World Vision in the news
- Plans for, host and accompany film crews etc undertake filming in the country.
- Responds to specific requests from other World Vision offices for information, stories and photos on the projects they fund.
- Publish a quarterly Journal for sharing with Government ministries, Embassies for purposes of educating them about the ministry of God through World Vision.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Educational level required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or International relations
- Minimum of 3 years’experience in development communication
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent journalistic skills, including verbal, writing and photographic skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate in English and strong commitment to relate with others
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- Excellent public relations skills.
- Office based environment with frequent travel to the field.
- Travel required: 60% domestic travel and occasional international travel
- On call: 20%
The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda. If this is your first time applying onlinevia the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system,CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 1st February 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks