Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the safe and efficient operations of on both oil and gas wells.
• Provides direct supervision of assigned well servicing employees within the business unit.
• Ensures that assigned employees maintain necessary licenses, endorsements and training to meet DOT, BES and client requirements.
• Provides assigned employees the direction necessary for their day's work assignments, including communicating client feedback to drivers.
• Develops and maintains good relations with representatives of assigned clients.
• Monitors ongoing maintenance and repair of assigned equipment and may be required to direct minor maintenance and repair work performed by employees.
• The Supervisor performs assigned tasks consistent with operating procedures to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
• Drive continuous improvement in safety aspects of rig operations by initiating proactive programs and policies.
• Ensures weekly safety meetings for the entire work over group and regular participation in job site tailgate safety meetings.
• Drive for environmental proactively in well site work. This will include monitoring of well site diking for SPCC control, use of appropriate equipment to minimize environmental damage, and clean-up and reporting of spills as required.
• Prioritize wellwork to minimize deferred production and reduce rig costs.
• Develop and maintain job safety analysis (JSAs)- pulling procedures, pump handling and installation, cleanout methods and procedures, etc.
• Drive cost reduction by leading managing expenses
• Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation, continuous improvement, safety, and environmental stewardship.
• Maintain good working relationships with employees, customers, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
• Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
• Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
• Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- High School Bachelors, Diploma, GED or equivalent education
- Knowledge of truck operations, DOT regulations and OSHA guidelines
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- Physical activity including long periods of standing and sitting
- Travel will be required to various job locations. Travel may be required for meetings and conferences
- Significant amount of time driving will be required.
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all temperatures.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Good interpersonal skills strongly desired
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision.
- Experienced Managerial and supervisory skills.
How to Apply:
Company Name: Santos Petroleum Corporation
Address: KG 584 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Range: UGX 27,000,000-28,500,000
Application deadline: 14/10/2016
Contact Person: Dr Chris Wood