Reports to: Financial officer
Job location: Musanze
Duration: One year renewable based on performance
The accountant will be responsible for preparing payments for field activities and checking accountabilities from the field offices. He/she will also be responsible for recording the accounting transactions in the accounting system and filing of support documents.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly budgets, cash projections and budget execution reports
- Prepare payments for field activities and ensure accountabilities for field activity advances are accurate and obtained on time;
- Prepare cheque payments and payment vouchers for approval;
- Maintain accurate books of accounts and assist in the preparation of timely monthly project financial project reports and invoices to be submitted to the donor;
- Record the accounting transactions in QuickBooks on timely basis;
- Maintain proper filing of the accounting records;
- Maintain the chequebooks and payment orders;
- Facilitate the external audit of the project and any other internal audit that may be arranged periodically;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda
- Knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software desirable
- Have experience in and be familiar with USAID implementation programs desirable.
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications (only hard copies will be accepted) addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director. The applications include motivation letter,CVs and well completed FXB application form must be submitted to FXB Rwanda Rwanda coordination office located at Kigali / Kimihurura, Rue Amajyambere 676 St 6, not later than Friday, July 8th 2016at 16h00. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
The application form can be downloaded from: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf