Position Title:Administrative Assistant
Job Title of Supervisor: Director of Church Empowerment
Start Date: Length of Opportunity:
Effective Immediately Open Ended Contract
Hours per week: Full Time – 40 Hrs.
Number of Positions Open: 1
The position is responsible for providing full administrative and strategic support to the Directorate of Church Empowerment.
Job Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support the Directorate of Church Empowerment
- Oversee communications and information management in the office of the Director of Church Empowerment
- Ensuring all meetings in the department are appropriately prepared for in advance in collaboration with the program involved and facilitation of the meeting including taking notes, recording action items, and following up on pending matters from the meetings.
- Support field staff with administrative needs in the department.
- Support in compiling and editing reports and other complex documents on behalf of the Managers in the Department.
- Assist in the organization and planning of special events put on by a program like the Walk for Water and support inpartner visits in the field.
- Any other duties related to the above responsibilities at the request of the Director of Church Empowerment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in a subject related to Business administration, Social Studies or Development studies.
- Compatible with organizational mission and values.
- Highly organized and administratively minded.
- Impeccable written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
- High sense of responsibility and the ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to translate documents quickly between English and Kinyarwanda
- Able to model exemplary moral and social acceptable behaviors.
- He/she is committed to the mission and values of World Relief Rwanda
- Strong interpersonal skills are vital.
- Strong reporting skills
- Proficient Computer Skills with ability to use programs such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Drop Box.
- He/she has at least 2 years of working knowledge in administrative settings
- Extensive cross cultural experience and ability to help people of different cultures understand Rwandan Culture.
- Experience working in an office setting
- Experience in written and oral translation.
- Experience in writing reports in English.
Trips to the field in rural areas and overnight stays where necessary.
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter, copy of your notified certificates, comprehensive curriculum vitae with three (3) names of referees, and a recommendation letter from your church pastor or priest by 6th February 2017 to the Country Director, World Relief Rwanda. Address 53 KG 647 street Kacyiru, Kigali.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.