In as much as we are a commercial, for profit organization, we also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which we operate.
Our model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employ, develop and deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business. We work with various partners and stakeholders to achieve our goals.
Our Mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available.
Our Vision is to be a trusted Africa-based producer of a range of nutritious foods that are proven to improve health.
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd finds Safety Health & Environment towards employees, contractors and casual workers as a top priority, therefore we summarize our most important safety rules into the AIF lifesaving rules. All employees and visitors will get an in-depth training about the content of these rules. We therefore encourage all walk-ins to strongly comply with these rules.
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd is looking for self-motivated, qualified individuals with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join our team on the position of Electrical Engineer.
General Job information
Job title: Electrical Engineer
Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Position in the organization
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Direct reports - None
Indirect reports - None
Purpose of the job
The jobholder plays a key role to Instal, commission and maintain the electrical systems (high voltage & low voltage) in the manufacturing plan and within the corporate requirements and guidelines.
The jobholder will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Installation, commissioning, and maintenance of electrical systems (high voltage & low voltage)
- Installation, termination of data distribution frames, and good understanding of signal generating units
- Ensure efficient operation, troubleshoot and take corrective actions of faulty rectifiers, DC system units, alarm monitoring systems, and AC units
- Installation and commissioning of different types unit operations (eg: milling, extrusion, packaging etc…)
- Ensure efficient operation of batteries and generate reports to the Maintenance Manager
- Design earth formation for lower earth resistance and ensure that earth formation is fully implemented.
- Carry out earth improvement
- Interpretation & implementation of electrical layouts and diagrams
- Monitor diesel supply, calibration of diesel tanks, and apply measures to control diesel theft
- Complete electrical installation within defined timelines
- Knowledge about green solutions especially solar systems
Knowledge and educational level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or any other related area
Required level of experiences
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Electrical & Mechanical Maintenance of Production plants
- Experience with PLC systems or relay logics as applied to industrial controls
- Evidence of experience in a busy manufacturing environment
- A basic knowledge of mechanical engineering is essential
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams
- Ability to diagnose malfunctioning systems using the appropriate equipment
- Work closely with a small team of electrical/mechanical engineers to ensure minimum downtime in the plant.
- Experience with automated processing will be an added advantage
- Good team spirit, cooperative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interactive team player with experience managing multiple tasks and priorities in a dynamic business environment
- Fluent in English and good working knowledge
- Pro active approach
- Pragmatic, with good self-organising skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, telephone contact and email address.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 6th February 2017.
Please apply to:
Human Resources Director
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Kigali - Rwanda
E-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Africa Improved Foods, please visit our website: http://www.africaimprovedfoods.com/
For more jobs go back to our home page here - Jobs in Rwanda