In as much as we are a commercial, for profit organization, we also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which we operate.
Our model is to source raw materials from local small-holder farmers, employ, develop and deploy local talent in the creation and growth of our fortified foods business. We work with various partners and stakeholders to achieve our goals.
Our Mission is to provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available.
Our Vision is to be a trusted Africa-based producer of a range of nutritious foods that are proven to improve health.
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd finds Safety Health & Environment towards employees, contractors and casual workers as a top priority, therefore we summarize our most important safety rules into the AIF lifesaving rules. All employees and visitors will get an in-depth training about the content of these rules. We therefore encourage all walk-ins to strongly comply with these rules.
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd is looking for self-motivated, qualified individuals with the right attitude and a passion for innovation to join our team on the position of Mechanical Engineer.
General Job information
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Business Group/Unit: Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Position in the organization
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Direct reports: None
Indirect reports: None
- Complete servicing and overhauling generators (12kva --- 40kva)
- Knowledge about generators sound proofing and noise level reduction
- Diesel consumption control and reduction for all generating sets
- Decreasing generators vibration level
- Inventory, spare parts control, and management
- Decrease by intensive trouble shooting and data analysis break down intervals of Cimbria, Buhler, Utility units, packaging lines generators non-routine calls
- Conduct data analysis and statistical reports for input of improvement programs
- Responsible of machine safety analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other related area
Required level of experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience with PLC systems or relay logics as applied to industrial controls
- Evidence of experience in a busy manufacturing environment
- A basic knowledge of electrical engineering is essential
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and P&ID (process & instrumentation diagrams)
- Ability to diagnose malfunctioning systems using the appropriate equipment
- Work closely with a small team of electrical/mechanical engineers to ensure minimum downtime in the plant.
- Experience with automated processing will be an added advantage
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, telephone contact and email address.
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 6th February 2017.
Please apply to:
Human Resources Director
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd
Kigali - Rwanda
E-mail on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about Africa Improved Foods, please visit our website: http://www.africaimprovedfoods.com/
For more jobs go back to our home page here - Jobs in Rwanda