World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Program Enhancement Officer. The position will be based in Huye District and reporting to the Regional Manager.
Purpose of the position:
To effectively lead and coordinate the respective Cluster DME Officer, Grants and sector leads in order to: 1) promote learning; 2) provide guidelines and standards for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all Clusters/grants based program interventions and; 3) ensure compliance with relevant norms and policies. He/she will work closely with Regional Manager and TP Managers at the NO level.
In order to successfully do so, Program Enhancement Officer must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
The major responsibilities include:
- Lead capacity building initiatives for Cluster staff which generate learning for higher quality programming, and which lead to measurable and sustainable development.
- Facilitate implementation of key community capacity building promising practices and best practices to contribute to other sectoral efforts aimed at transformational development at Cluster level.
- Provide guidance in planning and budgeting for Sponsorship processes
- Provide training and coaching for quality assurance in Sponsorship processes
- Provide technical support in analysis and interpretation
- Provide quality check in utilization of Single STEP generated information
Strategic Leadership and Management
- Coordinate and support the implementation of Cluster level community capacity building initiatives that ensure local participation and project ownership;
- Promote an enhanced culture of learning and discipline in the skills and practice ofLEAP/DME throughout WVR’s strategic objectives in the clusters;
- Provide support to Cluster / grants managers to establish, coordinate and/or consolidate the necessary systems, procedures and support services required to achieve or surpass performance targets in relation to the program ministry standards;
- Ensure the implementation and use of quality program monitoring framework (tools and processes) and reporting, formats and proposal review systems for the Cluster
- Ensure the appropriate use of information management systems for all Cluster and grants projects in order to enhance and inform design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Facilitate integrated designs and redesigns and thereafter follow up on their approval and or agreements
- Lead efforts towards assessment and establishment of new projects and programmes in the Regional
- Contribute the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues in all WVR programs, in particular the integration of child protection, disability and gender.Ensure focus on Child Well-being outcomes.
Resource Acquisition and Management
- Ensure that all projects and grant projects are designed, monitored and evaluated as per the standards and procedures of World Vision Rwanda and the respective donor(s);
- Ensure that business processes, standards and policies – developed in coordination with other WVR entities– are effectively implemented by the staffs within the Region and cluster;
- Ensure thatstaff monitor the timely and effective implementation of response plans to all financial and operational audit findings and take the needed measures to prevent such findings from recurring in the future and;
- Contribute in the process of identification, assessment and design of new projects, including participation in developing grant proposals, log frames, monitoring and evaluation plans and budgets in line with the LEAP framework.
Accountability and Quality Assurance
- Lead the successful roll out and implementation of all DME related initiatives such as LEAP, Single STEP, /, Horizon 3 and O4 at the Cluster
- Ensure that Program Enhancement related activities regarding measurements, design, redesign, monitoring, evaluations and other DME interventions are successfully implemented and that relevant learning is documented, disseminated to staff and used to inform future DME guidelines and decisions;
- Establish a comprehensive and an updated data base for all projects and programmes in the Region
- Coordinate the preparation, review and posting of all program/project reports in the clusters
Networking, Engagement and Collaboration
- Maintain links with other organizations for collaboration, networking, resource sharing, materials development, and learning activities.
- Participate in NO level coalitions on specific advocacy issues.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- The holder of this position must have a minimum of a Bachelors degree in a relevant field from a recognized University preferably program management or economics related studies.
- They must have a minimum of 5years experience with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development, relief and/or advocacy projects;
- They must have both an extensive conceptual understanding of and demonstrated practical command for implementing program design, management and evaluation principles;
- The holder of this position must be a results orientated leader who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- He /she must also have ample experience in public relations and be a strong team player.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience in project design and proposal writing.
- Must have proven analytical/problem-solving abilities. Requires excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and spoken. French is an added advantage
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying onlinevia the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 9th February 2017; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks